Essence Magazine is also known as

  • Essence Magazine

About Essence Magazine

Essence Magazine is a magazine for African-American women between the ages of 18-49. It was first published in May of 1970. In 1968, Essence Communications Inc. was founded by Edward Lewis, Clarence O. Smith, Cecil Hollingsworth, and Jonathan Blount. In 2000, Time Inc. purchased 49% ownership of the magazine. In 2005, they purchased the other 51% of the magazine. In January 2018, Essence Communications was purchased by the founder of Sundial Brands (Richelieu Dennis). He also owns the beauty company, Shea Moisture. The company is based in New York City, New York. The magazine has over 1 million subscribers. The current Editor is Vanessa Bush. Essence has won 12 New York Association of Black Journalists awards, winning in multiple categories, including Investigative, General Feature, International, Business/Technology, Science/Health, Arts & Entertainment, Personal Commentary, Public Affairs, and Online.

Essence Magazine is a magazine primarily for African-American women. There are various categories and topics included in the magazine. Some topics covered include Celebrity, Fashion, Beauty, Hair, Love, Lifestyle, News, Events, and Shopping. The magazine includes positive stories about embracing who you are and loving yourself. Various celebrities have covered the magazine, including Oprah, Audra McDonald, Barack and Michelle Obama, Halle Berry, Kerry Washington, Naomi Campbell, Janet Jackson, Viola Davis, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Taraji P. Henson, and more.

Subscriptions are available. You can get a one-year subscription for $10. As a new subscriber, you will receive a bonus gift and digital edition of Essence Magazine. Issues are mailed on a monthly basis. It may take 6-8 weeks to receive your first issue. If you would like to cancel Essence Magazine, follow the cancellation instructions below. The instructions outline how to effectively cancel your subscription and stop it from coming from being mailed to you.

Essence Magazine Cancel Guides

Phone (Live Agent)

Get together the following account information:

  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • Phone Number
  • Email Address
  • Username
  • Password
  • Billing Address
  • City
  • State/Province/Region
  • ZIP/Postal Code
  • Country
  • Reason for Cancellation
  • Last 4 Digits of Card
  • Date of Last Charge
  • Amount of Last Charge

Follow these steps:

  1. Using your phone, call 800-274-9398
  2. Let the rep know that you’re calling to cancel
  3. Give the rep your account info when they ask
  4. Request proof of your transaction in the form of an email or confirmation number
  5. Be sure to retain your cancellation proof for your records

More About Essence Magazine

Address
Address 1: 241 37th Street
Address 2: 4th floor
City: Brooklyn
State/Province/Region: NY
Zip/Postal Code: 11232
Country: United States
Contact Information
Phone 1: 800-274-9398
Email 1: [email protected]
Email 2: [email protected]
Twitter Url: https://twitter.com/essence
Facebook Url: https://www.facebook.com/essence
Main Site Url: https://www.essence.com
Help Site Url: https://subs.essence.com/pubs/EV/ESS/login.jsp?cds_page_id=229183&cds_mag_code=ESS&id=1555295264534&lsid=91042127445043510&vid=1
Policies
Terms Of Service Url: https://www.essence.com/terms-of-use
Privacy Policy Url: https://www.essence.com/privacy-policy

Known Essence Magazine Charges

  • CHECKCARD TME*SSJ8P9*ESSENCE 855-427-1652 NY
  • CHKCARD TME*SSJ8P9*ESSENCE 855-427-1652 NY
  • CHKCARDTME*SSJ8P9*ESSENCE 855-427-1652 NY
  • Misc. Debit TME*SSJ8P9*ESSENCE 855-427-1652 NY
  • PENDING TME*SSJ8P9*ESSENCE 855-427-1652 NY
  • POS Debit TME*SSJ8P9*ESSENCE 855-427-1652 NY
  • POS PURCHASE TME*SSJ8P9*ESSENCE 855-427-1652 NY
  • POS PURCH TME*SSJ8P9*ESSENCE 855-427-1652 NY
  • POS PUR TME*SSJ8P9*ESSENCE 855-427-1652 NY
  • POS REFUND TME*SSJ8P9*ESSENCE 855-427-1652 NY
  • PRE-AUTH TME*SSJ8P9*ESSENCE 855-427-1652 NY
  • Visa Check Card TME*SSJ8P9*ESSENCE 855-427-1652 NY MC